Hello blog readers,
Now that I’m in my late 20’s I’ve learned so much from my experiences and I’ve grown so much professionally and personally. I definitely give some credit to modern technology for helping along the way. I’ve never underestimated the value of technology especially as a millennial. There is an app for everything and I’ve used them as a tool to make adulting less painful. I have a list of my top apps that have helped me in all aspects of my life.
I hope you find any of these apps worthwhile!
- Most people have this app already but if you don’t you really need this thing. It will connect to every financial account under your name and you can see your credit scores for FREE.
2) Mint- In addition to CreditKarma, you can link all of your billing accounts you can set goals to pay off your student loans or credit card debt. You can see how long it’ll take you to pay off a certain account if you pay monthly. You’d be surprised how much faster you can pay off your debt with adding an additional $10 a month.
- Do you have 3,000 unread emails from subscriptions? I know I do. Unroll.me will connect to your email account and and tell you how many subscriptions you have and asks you if you want to unsubscribe, keep it or send it to the roll where you can access it later instead of it going into your inbox. This is a great way to manage your email account but it may even help you resists those email alerts for retail sales when you’re trying to save up for that next vacation.
- This is my friends’ favorite. Do you want to keep with current events but the news is depressing or boring? Yas, get SKIMM and every morning before work, you will get the chance to read a summary of today’s news in a witty, easy way to understand! So now you’ll have something to talk about in those awkward elevator moments.
- This website is AMAZING. Ladies, this is a great one for you. If you have an entrepreneur spirit or even if you just need some encouraging words or stories to get you empowered, then this community is for you. There’s a discussion board but also a place to take classes! You can take classes from topics that range from personal finance to relationship advice for only $10/month.
- Are you an online shopping junkie? Buy online and get cash back. It sounds too good to be true but in reality, I’ve had this account for almost a year and it works! I think my next paycheck should be about $34. You can get anywhere from 2%-10% back in my purchase. When your check is ready, you can have them mail it to you or you can donate your earnings.
- Yes, buy and sell clothes online. It’s a virtual thrift shop. So easy to use. I’ve made over $2,300 in sales over the past year and a half. Of course the more input, the more output you get from it. Sign up with code BFGQW to get $5 off your first order.
Lighting is everything for the best result of a great photo. I’ve tried many apps to lighten my photos but I always come back to Camera+ because of their night, flash, and backlight options.
9) My Fitness Pal
and MyPlate- My biggest challenge with my health is keeping this weight off. As you know, when you get older your metabolism slows down so it’s time to get eat right. I track my calories and it has been really helpful for me to understand what I’m consuming. I know my Fitness Pal is the more popular app but I like using MyPlate because of the simplistic interface.
You would think I would have a 10th one to make it even but I literally couldn’t think of anything else. Let me know what your favorite apps are.