Hello Blog Readers!
I’ve been meaning to this for a long time now so I’m sharing my tips on how to be preppy at the golf course. I’ve been golfing for a few years now and I’m finally getting the hang of it. Believe it or not but there are very few trendy golf lines for women. So hopefully my guide will help especially for beginners!
1. Top – I like to keep the top plain and simple but also light and dri-fit especially for those hot summer days. I use Nike or Lady Hagen tops you can find at Dick’s or any sporting store.
2. Bottoms- I need a pop of color so I usually go for bright colors and patterned bottoms. I typically wear bermuda shorts, skorts, or skirts. I like wearing any Lilly Pulitzer shorts or performance bottoms from Vineyard Vines. If you want trendy golf skirts check out Sydney Elizabeth.
3. Hat- I try to wear a hat as much as possible. I would typically wear Vineyard Vines, Titleist, or Nike. I like to wear a visor so it doesn’t mess up my hair. Always bring a hair tie and avoid white hates if possible. (unless you want it to turn green and yellow)
4. Sunglasses- I rock my raybans throughout the course. I like to wear them on my head when I swing because it actually helps me to keep my head down.
5. Shoes- It is very important to wear golf shoes. You can buy shoes with spikes buy them spikeless. I personally like the spikeless ones because they are more comfortable to me especially when you’re walking off the course and to your car. Nike has some awesome flyknit golf shoes but if you’re on a budget, FootJoy is a good brand.
6. Golf Balls- I don’t mind using any type of golf balls because I’m no pro but I do prefer the supersoft Callaway balls because they’re not too expensive. You can also customize titleist golf balls by putting your monogram on it.
7. Tees- I still get made fun of using these plastic tees because it’s such a newbie thing to use but they have lasted me many rounds without breaking!
8. Gloves- Gloves are so important. I have three pairs in my bag because they wear quickly especially the all white ones. Footjoy gloves have lasted the longest for me but if you want funky patterns, check out Gloveit.
Best of luck!
Hello Blog Readers,
One day after work I walked around center city to find something to do. I noticed a boutique named Lou Lou on 13th and Walnut. They had an array of trendy accessories and I immediately noticed the Shine Project section. I’ve never heard of it before but I was attracted to the handwritten name on each of the jewelry’s paper card holder.
What is the Shine Project?
Founder, Ashley LeMieux was a college student working at an inner city high school where she met students that didn’t have the financial resources to go to college. She raised money through her blog called the Shine Project. She was able to give away 7 scholarships. She took it one step further and started to employ the first few scholarship recipients. She taught herself to make bracelets and then taught the students and after a week they were all sold out. Students are employed by Threads by The Shine Project to craft hand made jewelry and sign their name on them.
The Shine Project is an inspiring story whether you are a cosumer, an aspiring entrepreneur, or a student without access to education. It’s truly rewarding to wear something that reminds you that you’ve helped a student go to college. I wanted to share this organization to you and hope you decide to support them too. Learn more here.
You can shop online or check our Lou Lou boutique yourself to support to small businesses.
How can you resist this Kate Spade watch for a little over $100?
Thanks to Nordstrom Rack, it’s available for only $110.97!
This versatile watch serves as a watch and a bracelet. However, I don’t recommend this for people with tiny wrists! I had to remove all of the links just to fit mine.
Someone asked me to blog about my daily beauty essentials. So here it is….
Beauty products in my make up bag that I can’t live without:
1) BB cream – Smashbox $42.00
I bought this BB cream from Ulta after spending about 30 minutes testing the different creams. I’ve tested foundation and other products but the BB cream was the best for me. It made me glow and covered my blemishes.
2) Bronzer – Tarte Park Avenue Princess $30
I was always a fan of NARS but I wanted to try something different. This bronzer is long lasting and blended so well with my BB cream color so I had to get it.
3) Brush – Ecotools $5.08
This brush is great. I use it to apply my BB cream. It’s soft but stiff enough to blend the BB cream.
4) Hairbrush – Wet brush $6.98
This is a MUST HAVE. I bought this at a hair salon one day for $15. I love it because it gets through my tangled dead hair. It made it soft and less painful to brush. I recommended it to my friend and she said that her hair doesn’t fall out anymore! This to go brush is perfect for those mid-day touch ups. I found this mini one for $4 at Marshalls.
5) Lip balm – Revlon Matte Balm 225 Sultry $8.99
I am obsessed with Revlon’s lip balm. I have almost every color. I’ve never tried the matte before because I didn’t want my lips to look dry. However, this matte color moistens the lips and stays long. You can find it cheaper at Target.
6) Perfume – Ralph Lauren Big Pony Pink #2 $21
I love the sweet smell of this perfume. It’s the perfect size to fit almost every purse.
What are your favorite beauty products ?
Just sharing another PreppyTeppy find. I found the perfect wedges with a cute bow on the back. It comes in three different colors- black, white, and pink. Believe it or not but they’re from Target!
I bought both white and pink. The white one was too bridal like for me so I returned them. They are true to size but a little narrow in the front.
Check them out!
I see it on my IG feed maybe once a day. I was hesitant at first but I actually really like my first pair of tassel earrings. I didn’t want to spend a fortune on beaded earrings and even thought maybe I can make my own but I don’t have the time so I stumbled on Purpleperidot.com.
For today only, they are having a sale on these earrings. They are $14.99 but originally $29.99.
Hello blog readers,
Happy Memorial Day weekend!
It’s not just a time to go on vacation or another holiday of great sales. It’s important to think about the people that died serving our country. I give our armed forces the utmost respect for what they have done for us.
Even though Memorial Day is about remembering the people that have lost their lives, you can honor our current troops by sending them a coke.
Kroger co. will send a coke for every click to this link. You can also find the link there to customize your own coke.
Please continue to share and spread the word. Have a fun & safe holiday weekend!
Are you prepared for spring? Get your preppy items shipped for free from country club prep. Check out my favorite items from the store and comment for promotional information to save a few bucks. If you’re an ambassador too, show some love.
1. The Corbin Dress in Mint Seersucker by Lauren James
2. Women’s Avery Natural Loafer by Sperry Top-Sider
3. Pen Set by Lilly Pulitzer
4. Jade Butterfield Bracelet by Kiel James Patrick
5. Nantucket Gold Sandal in Midnight and Gold by Jack Rogers
6. Pointe Prep Cap in Mint Green Seersucker by Lauren James
7. Tumbler with Straw in Navy Trippin’ and Sippin’ by Lilly Pulitzer
Do you love a good sale but loathe searching for something in that messy clearance rack? Well I found this app that can save you time to find the right item!
Add your sizes, select your favorite brands and you can look through all of the items for sale from most online stores.
Download the ShopItToMe app here.
1. Add your size.
2. Select from your favorite brands.
3. Shop all of the sales from your favorite brands.
4. Add your favorite items and get price drop alerts!
I’m obsessed with anything off shoulder but an off shoulder shirt with a bow is the best thing ever.
Get my outfit details here!
Top: ASOS l Skirt: J.Crew Factory l Tights: J.Crew Factory
For sizing reference, the shirt and skirt are both size 4. I’m usually smaller on top but the size 4 shirt fits perfectly. So $59.00 is a lot to spend on a shirt but if you’re a student sign up for unidays and get 10% off at ASOS, Urban Outfitters, Toms, ModCloth, 15% off at Ann Taylor and more.
I’ve been using this for years and it’s free. Sign up here!
Thanks for reading!